Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Buzz It
Today is the 9th of May, but more specifically it is the second Sunday of May and hence most of the world celebrates this day as “Mother’s Day”.

Mother is the lady who gives birth to the children and cares for them the most. I wanted to write a lot, but somehow I am unable to find the words to describe this unique and wonderful relationship that a child fosters with his or her mother. It is said, God couldn't be everywhere and therefore he made Mothers. The Indian folklore even goes to state that one of the reasons why Lord Vishnu kept taking incarnations is because Gods are not blessed with the love of mother.

To put some facts that can be found on the Internet,
A human body can bear only upto 45 Del (unit) of pain. But at the time of giving birth, a woman feels upto 57 Del of Pain, which is equal to the amount of pain that person gets when 20 bones get fractured at the same time!

It is the miracle of life and the love of a mother for her child that allows her to survive this pain. I remember on this day what my mother has done for me.


I Remember...
Today when I am far from home, trying to pursue my dreams and career,
I remember the sacrifices my mother made for her kids.
I remember how she compromised her life, her wishes and her desires, whenever they came up as a conflict against the interests of her kids.
I remember the tough days she had trying to raise my brother (I was a good boy). And the times when she did not take up an alternate career because her kids were small and needed her attention.
I remember those sleepless nights when I remained up to finish my homework assignments and she stayed up with me to ensure I am comfortable.
I remember the long nights when I was sick when she kept up giving me medicines and all the care and not giving herself a proper rest.
I remember how she prayed for my good future, and was happy for me and my decisions, even if they brought sorrow in her life.
I remember how my failures brought her tears, when I myself was unmoved.
I remember all good days, and the good things that she bestowed in my life, and made the responsible and understanding person I am.
I remember...


Dedicated to the BEST Woman In My Life

I want to write more, but cannot find words to express this beautiful relationship. One of the best portrayals of this beautiful feeling in my life can be expressed by the above picture. It is the feeling of being safe and secure in your mother’s lap. Knowing that your mother is there to protect you keeps the kid strong and even against the fear of the razor.

To sum it all up, today the kid has grown and the razor has taken a much more dreadful form in terms of the challenges that life offers, and yet the love and care and the feeling of security that my mother is looking out for me, keeps me strong enough to face the brunt of the world.


Final Verdict:
There is no one and nothing in the world that can replace a mother’s love for her child. So, all I can say is on the eve of the Mother’s Day is that there is no single day that can be called something like a Mother’s Day.

Considering what your mother brings to you, starting from your life itself, not just today, but each and everyday should be a “Mother’s Day”.